Friday 26 October 2012

They Alphabet




Twas midnight in the classroom,
And every desk was shut.
But then from the alphabet,
Was heard a loud tut-tut.

‘I don’t like C’ said A to B,
His manners are of lack,
For all I ever see of C
Is a semicircular back.

‘I disagree’ said D to B,
‘I’ve never found C so.’
‘From where I stand C seems to be an uncompleted o.’

C was vexed.
‘I’m much perplexed that you criticize my shape.’
‘I’m spelt like that to help spell cat and cow and cool and cape.’

‘I agree.’ said E and F shouted ‘WHOOPEE!’
And G said ‘ip ip orray.’
‘Your dropping me,’ said H to G. Don’t do it please I pray.’

‘Get outta my way!’ said LL to K.
‘I’ll make poor I look ill.’
To stop this stunt J stood in front and Hey Presto ill was jill.

‘U know,’ said V, W is twice the age of me,
For a roman V is 5,
I halfe as young as he.’

X and Y yawned sleepily.
‘Look at the time’ they said,
So they all went to beddy byes and the last one in was Z.

I put this poem on the blog, because even though it was not written by me, I thought you might like to read it and if you want to know, this poem was written by Spike Milligan.

2 comments:

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.