Friday 17 September 2010

Summer Haiku Poems


In our first week back at school, we made haiku poems about summer.

Haiku poems have three lines and follow a pattern of 5 syllables, 7 syllables and 5 syllables.

Here are our poems.


I love summer days

When big flies come in my house

The sun is yellow

AW

Flowers are growing.

Lets go swimming in are pool.

Summer time is here.

A.C

Summer

Summer time is fun.

Flowers come out at summer

Summer is over.

BH

My holiday to London

I went to London

To see my happy daddy

For my holiday

BK

Summer poem

Now summer time is here.

The sun is out and shinning.

Everybody cheers.

CD

Sand looks like diamonds.

Waves are crashing on the beach.

Licking ice cream.

CH

Flowers are yellow

I like apples from the tree

The sky is light blue

CG


Sunflowers attract small birds

Sunflowers are fun to grow.

Sunflowers are very tall.

DK

Ice pop

I like ice-lollies

Strawberry, lemon

Vanilla cream too.

EJ

Flowers grow again

Sunflowers shine in the sky

Bees collect nectar

JR

A Fantastic Summer

Today is summer

Swimming pools are opening

Summer is the best

JJ

In the holidays.

I went to see young sharks.

I had a fun time.

KP

I went to Yarmouth

The sun was burning my arm.

The sun was burning.

LB

Summer

The summer is here.

I love swimming in the pool.

Lovely BBQs

LM.

Summer Times

Very warm today

Having a celebration

People are swimming

MW

Summer poem

Sandcastles are built

People are eating ice cream

Summer is here now

MT


I love swimming time.

Sun bathing is so good

I like ice cream too.

MH

1 comment:

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.