Thursday 15 November 2012

The Sad Rabbit

How they used to fuss over me
When I was new:
Filled up my bowl-
Played with me too:
Fed me green leaves,
Dandelions and such,
Stroked my long ears,
Cleaned out my hutch.
Life was great then
But gradually,
They found other things
And lost interest in me.
They had new bikes, a football,
A computer to use-
A sad lonely rabbit
Was yesterdays news.
Now they don't even
Bother to come.
Who brings my food?
Not them, but their mum.
She says "It's your rabbit,
It's not really fair.
It needs a new home
And someone who cares."
So perhaps I'l be moving
To somewhere quite new
Who'll care for a rabbit-
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.