Saturday 17 November 2012

A Poor Little Rich Dog

I'm dressed in very fashionable
little hats and coats,
with a jewel-encrusted collar
round my mini, skinny throat.
                                                                       
My claws are clipped and polished,
my fur is tinted pink,
and I travel in a handbag,
lined with champagne pink.

My eyes are large and budging
and I have a yappy bark,
and now and then I watch
the big dogs running in the park.

And I sit inside my handbag,
feeling quite unnecessary,
just a tiny, pampered
celebrity's accessory.

5 comments:

  1. Mr Loome (Hillside Primary)20 November 2012 at 22:16

    I feel very sorry for these dogs. It is unfair they can't play in the park or behave like a dog should. Well done for writing such an insightful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie (hillside primary)24 November 2012 at 08:58

    really well done u have put a lot of hard work in to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I feel sorry for the dog too.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Great Post ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for
    your next post.Also visit my page

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.