Thursday 19 April 2012

My Life in Dancing

My life in dancing

My name is JJ and I'm 10 years old and I do street dancing. My life in dancing is just like my sister Ashley's. Working hard, concentrating on dances. Doing everything I can to be the best. It's amazing. So i'm going to go through my life as a dancer, starting from the baby class, when I was 4.

Baby Class

I can still remember how ecstatic I was when I was taken to my first dance lesson. My mum always told me I was a better dancer than walker. I never believed her. I still don't. 

My dance teacher was called Katie. She was nice. My first ever dance I learned was a dance called Beat It. I danced to the Michael Jackson song Beat It. My first dance mate was Harry. He was hilarious then. He still acts like a raving lunatic set loose. 

My first ever freestyle move I learned was the Criss-Cross. It was easy. There are other freestyle moves, but they were all too hard, apart from the Wave. Not in literally the wave. I mean when you get your arms, and do a sea wave from side to side. It's easy when you get the hang of it. 

Older class/

I finished baby class when I was 7. That's when I came into the bigger class with a lot more harder dances. The first older dance I learnt was Now You're Gone. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard. It was just up to my standard. 

My mum was the first one to persuade me to step up to a harder level. I did it too make everyone proud, and to prove to my brother, that I can do harder things for my age. He told me I would never be a good dancer. But now he even admit I'm a really good dancer.

I still don't think I am. I think I need to step up to the mark. To make myself a better dancer, and to come up to the next level. My ambition is to be a dancer. To go to college and university, to study Drama and anything associated with it. Apart from Singing!

Now

The hardest dance I have ever learnt is the OMEGA dance. With different moves throughout the whole dance. Doing moves I have never done before. It is difficult. We had to go over our the moves many many times, just to get it perfect. Then we had to do it at least 3 times with the music, which changes every 2 minutes. It gets confusing at first, but I got the hang of it in the end. 

I love doing my dancing. My teacher I had since baby class has resigned. I've got two dance teachers called, Naomi and Rachael. Sometimes they make me teach a dance. 

So that is my life as a dancer. I can do all sorts of dances or freestyle moves such as, The Helicopter, The Worm, The Head spin (I've still got to get the hang of that) and the Side Headstand. 


Are you interested in dance or do you go to a dance class?

9 comments:

  1. JJ, I like the way you have used some variety in your sentences, some are short and have an amazing impact. To improve the imapact even more, try and replace the word, 'doing' in some of your sentences, describe how tou move for instance. Well done so far. Mrs Pattison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your progress as a dancer. My suggestion for a way to add some interesting extra detail to your blog is to include some description of how you felt (your emotions) about some of your challenges/achievements. 'KEEP DANCING!'
    Mrs Browne

    ReplyDelete
  3. pERHAPS IF YOU KEEP ON WITH YOUR DANCING I WILL SEE YOU ON THE TV IN THE GOT TO DANCE PROGRAMME WITH ASHLEY BANJO FROM DIVERSITY. GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I might just go and try to get on Got To Dance, in my dreams. I wont get through, but thanks for the comment anyway, it will help me step up to the next level and become a better dancer than I am now.

      Delete
  4. I have really enjoyed reading your report JJ. I used to dance when I was younger too and you really made me think back to those days!
    I loved your introduction and conclusion, they did your report lots of justice! Maybe to improve your report you could tell us about an event you have competed in (an exam or show) and draw upon your emotions throughout these!
    Great blog!
    Miss Watson

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have often told me about your dancing however I really enjoyed reading your report and finding out so much more. I think it is amazing that your doing something that you love and that you have so much ambition for the future.
    Mrs Sadler

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ. I would love to see you dance so time. Maybe you could do some on the stage in an assembly time for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nerve racking. I danced in the Talent Show last year. It was embarrassing, however, as soon as I got of with Charli, Katie and Alisha I wanted to get straight back on and do a solo dance. Thank you for the comment

      Delete
  7. Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate them

    By the way it is JJ writing the comments

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.