Friday 24 May 2013

Zips are cool!

In my opinion zips are cool- absolutely awesome! I think this, because they seem almost magic, I mean the just zip up. Personally, I find that zips are taken for granted, because they are used in everyday life, however they just seem to be under appreciated. Think back, when did you last use a zip? I bet it was in the last 12 hours maximum and I also bet you didn't think wow- zips are cool, I could not cope without them-when you used it.

Facts about zips:

Travelling salesman and part-time inventor Whitcomb L. Judson, invented the ziper on August 29th, 1893.


It was first used on shoes.

Whitcomb displayed it at the World Fair, Chicago 1893, however the public largely ignored it.

The term "zipper" was coined as an onomatopoeia by B. F. Goodrich, whose company started marketing galoshes featuring the fastener in 1923.


Regrettably, Whitcomb Judson died in 1909, and never heard the term, or saw the success of his invention.

I think I will start a campaign to make zips appreciated more. I hope you appreciate your zip more than you did before you read this,


      A big zip appreciator

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.