Saturday 11 May 2013

Poems!

Hi! Here are some poems from the book:
My cat is in love with the goldfish, and the website:


. My cat is in love with the goldfish.
He’s practically head over heels.
He cannot hold back his emotions
or mask the affection he feels.

He’ll bring her big bundles of roses.
He’ll give her these syrupy notes
declaring undying devotion,
embellished with cute little quotes.

He’ll pen the most passionate poems
a pussy could possibly write,
then sit by her bowl in the evening
promptly proceed to recite.

He’ll whisper such sickly sweet nothings
whilst barely averting his gaze.
He’ll sing serenades in her honour,
whose verses are bursting with praise.

Yes, my cat’s so in love with the goldfish,
yet the chance of romance are poor,
for, alas, the love is one-sided...
the fish loves the tabby next door.



. I love you, I love you, I love you, I do. But don’t get excited I love monkeys too.

. I wish I had your picture, it would be very nice.
I’d hang it in the attic, to scare away the mice.

. The owl and the pussycat,
went out to sea.
The owl ate the pussycat,
oh, deary me.

. Dear Daddy, I’m so lonely.
I’m living with a Beast -
It’s true he owns a castle
Where EVERY meal’s a feast,
But shadows in the mirror
Are full of gloom and sorrow...
PLEASE come and save your daughter
And take me home tomorrow.

Dear Dad, Perhaps my letter
Has somehow gone astray.
I’m STILL inside this palace, I’m STILL locked up all day.
The Beast is coming closer,
I hear him snort and roar...
Please take me home TOMORROW
(As I have asked before.)

Dear Father, STILL no answer,
No sign of help at all.
The Beast is big and grumpy,
He prowls around the hall,
He growls around the garden,
He dribbles when he chews...
Please take me home THIS MINUTE,
Before I’m next week’s news.

Dear Sir, It’s been a fortnight
Since first I sent a note.
It’s time you gave the answer
To all the things I wrote.
The Beast is keen on dancing,
He likes to twirl and bow,
He spins me round the bathroom...
Please take me home RIGHT NOW.

Dear Daddy, Scrap the rescue,
don’t try to set me free,
I kissed the Beast last Thursday
And we’re as happy as can be.
my fangs are sharp and spiky,
My fur is blue and green,
And Beasty seems quite handsome
Now I’m a monster too... xxxxx

.Today I managed something
that I've never done before.
I turned in this week's spelling quiz
and got a perfect score.

Although my score was perfect
it appears I'm not too bright.
I got a perfect zero;
not a single answer right.

M
y

t
e
a
c
h
e
r

s
a
i
d

t
o

w
r
i
t
e

a

p
o
e
m

a
n
d

m
a
k
e

i
t

n
i
c
e

a
n
d

l
o
n
g
.

I

d
i
d

e
x
a
c
t
l
y

w
h
a
t

s
h
e

a
s
k
e
d
.

S
o

w
h
a
t

d
i
d

I

d
o

w
r
o
n
g
?
(My teacher said to write a poem and make it nice and long. I did exactly what she asked, so what did I do wrong?)

5 comments:

  1. I got that book out to. I think it is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an epic poem it was really interesting I hope you do more poem's because there really cool !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that poem. And i think I know whats wrong, long as in lots of words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a book and i love that books it funny so i give it 5 stars *****

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the teacher poem

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.