Saturday 11 May 2013

100 Word Count (Hunger Games Version)


100 Word Challenge. (Hunger Games Version)

It’s been a day since I entered the arena and I’m starting to feel the pain of hunger strike my stomach as I sit in this tree. Scaring me to nearly fall, a voice booms from above. “Two tributes can win if they are from the same district.” I wasn't really bothered about Peeta after he made me look weak. So what about him. As I stand up, I lose balance and fall on my right arm. Suddenly the pain in my arm made me scream. Quickly, I covered my mouth with my good hand. I start see something in the bushes. “Katniss!” It was Peeta.

9 comments:

  1. This is a really intriguing piece of writing, Betty. It's full of snippets that make me want to read on. I love the way you're building up tension through words like "something" and using some shorter sentences. Have you deliberately not used many adjectives in your writing? It's the one thing that would improve this piece. Help the reader to picture where the story is taking place. Keep up the fabulous work!
    Mrs Edmonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games. Have you read the books as well as watching the films? They are some of my favourite books.

    This would be a lovely extra paragraph to fit into the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am on the last book. Amazing!!!

      Delete
  3. You have some nice writing by puke

    ReplyDelete
  4. you girl are hunger games CRAZY and i love you as my friend for that and good ides put a 100 word challenge with you FAVORITE thing from a-m-b-e-r

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also a massive fan of the Hunger Games as you know Betty.
    P.S: Amber don't be rude like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crazy about hunger games but i call you crazy because i love you as my BFFL

      Delete
  6. Hi your poems are great just to say By Marta and Cassia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cole here, I like your story about the Hunger Games plus its one of my favourite movies.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.