Wednesday 26 September 2012

Being brought onto a slave ship recount:

Trepidation struck me down, as they hauled and yanked me carelessly onto the putrid ship. Huge rats scurried nimbly around the decks, leaving a horrible odour under my nose, as my eyes caught sight of cluster of black slaves, just like me, being forced into cold, steel chains and whipped brutally until they scrubbed the steep stairway to the lower deck. Like a beating drum, the anguish in my heart pounded in my head. Horror stricken countenances of people from my villages, showing dejection, told me my future.

A smirking sailor shouted something at me violently, in a language I didn’t understand. Consequently I turned to him sharply, trembling with utter fear. As a result, he stomped over to me and slowly drew a large whip from behind his back. At first I thought the ship was a magnificent object, however now I knew I was hear to be punished. I racked my confused brain for a reason, but I did not know. Sweat trickled down my fingers at the very moment before the whip came crashing down onto my bare back, sending shocks of pain to my body!

My shattered bones  were groaning, as the scorching sun, which was terrorising the ship, hit my body with horrifying beams. Heavy metal chains converted into hissing snakes, which were coiling their steel body's round my legs and were not willing to let go. Slowly, I stumbled down the stairs to the lower deck because I had no energy to go any faster. However as I finally reached the lower deck, more horror met my tearful eyes...

2 comments:

  1. Wowzer! This is fantastic! I am so impressed I will be showing my class tomorrow so they can see how well you have used connectives and emotive language. Mr Mckeown must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.