Thursday 6 December 2012

100 word challenge

I looked at the clock. From my calculations, something would happen inside the box, in precisely eight minutes and seventeen seconds. A radioactive bomb, a tracking device disguised as an ipod, a mobile phone with a phone tap installed, were just some of the the things that I could imagine, the QUICK-TAP operation would throw at us. However I (and some of my team guarding the building,) were ready for it. The clock ticked, like a timer in my ear, as I started to brace myself for a possible explosion. Tick- tock, tick-tock, tick- tock, although there was no explosion.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Alice,

    Your story was excellent, very imaginative and very different to some of the stories on the 100 word challenge blog. Why was there no explosion, what was inside the box. YOu have left me with many questions which is a good sign of great story.

    Well done

    Mr Foster - Shrewsbury International School Bangkok

    http://blogs.shrewsbury.ac.th/year4blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    This is a fantastic 100 Word Challenge. You have used the prompt in a interesting and original way. You have used some super vocabulary and you have built up the tension in your writing. As a reader, I would love to know what was in the box.
    Well done!
    Mrs Stones
    http://bradfordschools.net/blog/miriamlord100wc/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you enjoyed my post!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are monitored. Comments including foul or abusive language, reference to a pupil's full name or negative comments about pupil's work will not be accepted.